Top 3 Halloween Movies

This is what I’m watching.

Destiny Rojas, Staff Writer

There are a lot of holiday movies that we can watch during…well, holidays or any days! Like Halloween movies, everyone mainly likes to watch IT, Annabelle, or Friday the 13th. However, when it comes to my Halloween, I have different ideas about what to watch.

Here are the top 3 Halloween movies I enjoy watching!

3. Child’s Play 2

If you aren’t familiar with this film, Child’s Play 2 is a sequel to the 1988 film Child’s Play. It was released on November 9, 1990. The film focuses on Chucky, who gets revived by the company that made the doll. While the doll was being remade, a power surge occurs and it kills one of the company’s workers. The power surge actually makes Chucky come back to life.

At the same time, Andy Barclay, who was Chucky’s former owner, has been in foster care; his mother was placed in a mental hospital (for believing Andy’s story of Chucky murdering people). Andy is living with foster parents Joanne and Phil Simpson, who are also adopting a teenage girl named Kyle. After finding out where Andy is, Chucky go

es after him so he can transfer his soul into Andy’s body. Let the horror begin!

Although it was a flop for some others, I think the sequel was good. The plot was a continuation of the first film. Some of the kill scenes actually made the franchise more iconic than the original film. Honestly, I say I this is the best one of the Chucky movies.

2. Frankenweenie (2012)

Frankenweenie is a 2012 film that was made in 3D stop motion-animation. It was released on October 5, 2012. The film was directed by, the one and only, Tim Burton. It’s a remade versi

Frankenweenie

on of the original movie, which also has the same name, and was released on December 14, 1984.

The film is about a young boy named Victor, who has a dog named Sparky that is his only best friend. Things go well until Sparky gets run over by a car while Victor was playing baseball. Victor finds a way to bring his dog back to life (thanks to his science teacher) and soon students from his class find out how to do the same thing. Disaster is what comes next.

Personally, I believe this movie is so underrated and I think it deserves more attention. The designs of the characters are somewhat frightening but, hey, they’re nice when compared to some other of Tim Burton’s character designs! The way the movie is black and white themed is great and I think it really fits with it the classic “Frankenstein” theme. You have to love a good ol’ Frankenstein parody!

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas

One of the nicest, spookiest, and magnificent movies to watch (pretty much anytime of year) has to be The Nightmare Before Christmas!

The Nightmare Before Christmas is a 1993 film that’s in stop motion-animation and it’s a musical as well. It was released on October 13, 1993. The idea of the film came from Tim Burton and was directed by Henry Selick, the man who directed the 2009 dark film Coraline.

The film is about Jack Skellington, the King of Halloween, Who gets tired of celebrating Halloween every year, so he wanders off into the

woods and finds trees that each have doors to other holidays. Christmas got Jack’s attention. After looking around Christmas Town, Jack decided to take over Christmas and give Santa a break. You can only imagine the results of the Halloween King taking over Christmas!

Now, hear me out, the songs are really melodic and sweet, the plot is really appealing, and the characters are really entertaining and fun. I basically love EVERYTHING this movie has to offer. It has it all!!!

These are, in my opinion, the top 3 Halloween movies to watch at Halloween!